• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Long term trend is down down down.

And yet CO2 is higher than ever and increasing everyday.

And yet the Guardian readers still cling on to their green eyed dream attacking people with nice cars they can't afford.

Yes it might be getting cooler but the arctic ice cap is still disappearing:

http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/icecover.uk.php

....oh hang on!
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

And the warm climate is killing all the Polar Bears. Or is the Chinese with high powered rifles?

Rich Chinese thrill seekers paying £50,000 for ¿trip of a lifetime¿¿ to kill endangered polar bears | Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

And yet the Guardian readers still cling on to their green eyed dream attacking people with nice cars they can't afford.
        But the nice cars they can't afford are some of the greenest on the market, the BMW 2.0d is greener than a Prius and still goes like the clappers.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          But the nice cars they can't afford are some of the greenest on the market, the BMW 2.0d is greener than a Prius and still goes like the clappers.
          and has less nasty rare earth metals which the batteries in the pious need
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            and has less nasty rare earth metals which the batteries in the pious need
            Which need to be reprocessed every few years at great cost in terms of money, energy and materials.

Comment

They always say follow the money instead of following opinions.

MF has started buying sledges again, that's good enough for me to believe in global cooling.

Well, global cooling in England anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                And the warm climate is killing all the Polar Bears. Or is the Chinese with high powered rifles?

Rich Chinese thrill seekers paying £50,000 for ¿trip of a lifetime¿¿ to kill endangered polar bears | Mail Online
                if you believe the ice caps are melting as some claim, these bears are going to die anyway, so you may as well hunt them
                That's one way to look at global warming I suppose.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

This discussion is pointless.

Can anyone actually tell when when I can get my barbercue out? And when I can switch my aircon on?

Comment

ORLY? You wouldn't know a long term trend if it bit you somewhere painful. Click

The global average lower tropospheric temperature anomaly cooled a little more in February, 2012, again not unexpected for the current La Nina conditions in the tropical Pacific Ocean

The 3rd order polynomial fit to the data (courtesy of Excel) is for entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed as having any predictive value whatsoever.
                    click
                    Last edited by pjclarke; 6 March 2012, 12:35.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X