• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its an ill wind!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its an ill wind!

Did anyone alse notice Wenger and Henry enjoying a fine french whine last night after losing the CL Final?
    Sour grapes methinks!
    After all, the Ref would have been well within his rights to have played advantage when Barca scored their first "goal", then retrospectively have sent Lehmann off. He might also have booked Eboue for a clear dive when gaining the free kick from which Arsenal scored. He did neither, so 2 decisions which clearly favoured the Arse. They should just accept that on the night the better team won.
    It was also nice to see Henrik Larsson playing such a pivotal part, and of course the result means Celtic get straight into the Group stages in Pot 2 of the draw. Cheers Barca!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Soccer is a poofs game anyways!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
      It was also nice to see Henrik Larsson playing such a pivotal part, and of course the result means Celtic get straight into the Group stages in Pot 2 of the draw. Cheers Barca!!!

Celtic
      Celtic

Comment

Shame the ref had a Barca shirt underneath...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Soccer? Soccer?

Originally posted by Mailman
          Soccer is a poofs game anyways!

Mailman
          Please refrain from commenting on this thread, Mailman. Anyone who calls it 'soccer' has no valid opinion to offer.
          And of course Arsenal are disappointed. It was a home game FFS.
          The better team won so Arsenal can't really complain about the outcome.
          Lehmann was stupid and deserved to go off. He's a loose cannon and on this occasion he shot his team in the foot. Them's the breaks.
          Still and all, lucky celtic, they quallify for the group stages, whereas I doubt they would have otherwise
          (DG in 'wind up Shaunbhoy' mode)
          Why not?

Comment

Wenger is a whiner. He failed to point out that one of the referee's errors resulted in the Arsenal goal. But, of course, he won't have seen that - he has very selective vision. Why can't he just be magnanimous in defeat for once in his life.

Personally I'm glad Barca won.

Comment

The ref has just said on German TV that he made mistakes during the game!
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
                The ref has just said on German TV that he made mistakes during the game!
                No tulip sherlock. He was a fecking disgrace. Took him about 85 mins to book one of the cheating dago scum. To top it all off my hotel was double booked and we got moved into an absolute slum, my flight out was delayed 3 hours and I got absolutely fecking soaked. The stade de France didn't have enough turnstiles open, so we queued for an hour and a quarter and only just made the kickoff, I ran out of fags, and now I've got dodgy guts from that kebab I had last night (my own fault, I know).

Utter fecking tulipe.

Mordy in "Just don't anyone upset me today" Mode. (Smileys aren't working or there'd be a few 'tantrums' at this point...)
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                  Lehmann was stupid and deserved to go off. He's a loose cannon and on this occasion he shot his team in the foot.
                  Actually, he prevented a certain goal, and it nearly paid off.

I feel a bit of schadenfreud about Wenger's whinging though, and Robert Pires's past diving antics are only the half of it.

But since this thread is apparently all about Celtic, all the result means is that Celtic have to endure six disappointing games in Europe next season instead of two.

Comment

Referee regrets it already

Comment

Working...
                    X