• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netanyahu plays the Holocaust card...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netanyahu plays the Holocaust card...

...again!

BBC News - Israel warns time short to stop Iranian nuclear plans

Originally posted by Net the ***
    "As prime minister of Israel I will never let my people live in the shadow of annihilation."

He stressed that all options were on the table, but that containment - leaving Iran to develop its programme under monitoring - was "not an option".

"The Jewish state will not allow those who seek our destruction the means to achieve that goal. A nuclear armed Iran must be stopped," Mr Netanyahu told Aipac.

He waved a copy of a 1944 letter in which the US War Department refused Jewish leaders' requests to bomb the Auschwitz Nazi death camp on the grounds that it "might provoke even more vindictive action by the Germans". :nazi:

"Today, we have a state of our own," he said. "And the purpose of the Jewish state is to defend Jewish lives and to secure the Jewish future."
    Last edited by administrator; 7 March 2012, 09:51. Reason: Remove word

I though they refused to bomb the Auschwitz Nazi death camp as it would have lenghtened the war?

Not sure if it is a good idea for Israel to be attacking the US - one of thier strongest supporters.

Comment

This could get messy very quickly, there's been talk of pre-emptive strikes for weeks and it is a real possibility
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I though they refused to bomb the Auschwitz Nazi death camp as it would have lenghtened the war?

Not sure if it is a good idea for Israel to be attacking the US - one of thier strongest supporters.
        I disagree, arguing with Obama is one hell of a good idea in election year, imo, especially with the jewish vote being crucial to him. I reckon you'll hear a lot of the republicans backing him up, soon.

He's also got to be seen as strong, from within and out, imo. I believe Iran will have it's nuclear capacity diminished very soon.

Comment

He can also play nuclear card.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            He can also play nuclear card.
            But won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
              I disagree, arguing with Obama is one hell of a good idea in election year, imo, especially with the jewish vote being crucial to him. I reckon you'll hear a lot of the republicans backing him up, soon.

He's also got to be seen as strong, from within and out, imo. I believe Iran will have it's nuclear capacity diminished very soon.
              And what interest would the US have in meddeling in the affairs of oil rich Iran?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                But won't.
                Sure?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I feel sorry for the majority of Iranian people who despise the current regime, they're literally pawns in this game.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It's not in their interest to let rogue states have nuclear weapons that could be utilised by terrorists
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X