• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where am I gonna live/work!!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where am I gonna live/work!!?

Choices choices....

Im currently working for a global company who have sent me up to the lake district on a contract (travel/accomodation paid). So therefore I've since rented out my flat in london as am loving the countryside thing so much... anyway i'll get to my point.

At the end of this contract (October) my manager said theres a 50/50 chance they are going to find me some contract for them work elsewhere either in the UK or abroad. They might even offer me a permie job (which i'll no doubt say no to!)..

However if nothing is offered im thinking about looking at working in europe anyway as my flat is already rented and I have no ties..

Can anyone offer any suggestions on good areas to contract in the EU, seeing as I can only speak english (until i get there and eventually learn the local lingo) or any agencies that I can get in touch with for EU jobs???

I havent a clue where to even start looking.... thanks if you can help...

Holland, Belgium are good bets.

If you like mediterrean countries such as Spain, you´ll find that there are contracts available but the rate is crap. However it´s much better than the permie rates. Speaking English is a plus in Spain for getting jobs, but you´ve got the speak the "espanish" too.

The best of both worlds would be to work from home and then move to somewhere nice.

Comment

hey thanks, maybe I should think about staying here making my money then deserting england....i think the majority on this board want to leave the UK lol

Comment

If we all left the UK, just think how screwed the destination countries would be!!

Comment

especially wherever i go!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck
            If we all left the UK, just think how screwed the destination countries would be!!
            but rates wold be UP UP UP
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

maybe we'd all be tempted to come back then!!

Comment

Working...
              X