• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy birthday to MyCo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday to MyCo

Old Greg Ltd is five years old.

As with all good things, it startred furtively in a car park. Apart from a seven month strecth on the bench and a period of declining ratres (thankfully now reversed) it's been a good racket.

Best of all, I have acheived my corporate objective of never being invited to someone else's meeting more than once.

Long may it continue!

Good work OG.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Old Greg Ltd is five years old.

As with all good things, it startred furtively in a car park. Apart from a seven month strecth on the bench and a period of declining ratres (thankfully now reversed) it's been a good racket.

Best of all, I have acheived my corporate objective of never being invited to someone else's meeting more than once.

Long may it continue!
      You shouldn't run a limited for more than 3 years - after that get your accountant to shut it down while you start up another

The longer you run them, the greater HMRC interest becomes

HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Happy birthday yourCo!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          You shouldn't run a limited for more than 3 years - after that get your accountant to shut it down while you start up another

The longer you run them, the greater HMRC interest becomes

HTH
          is this shi t advice ?

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
            is this shi t advice ?
            Yes, next!

Comment

is this shi t advice ?
              I would say its B0llocks.

Comment

Celebrated with a proper contractor day. Pitched up in an office full of strangers. Worked at someone's PC for the day and ate a slice of free cake.

Happy days.

Comment

And here's to many more.

Happy birthday OGMyCo
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

is this shi t advice ?
                    Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Yes, next!
                    Originally posted by ZuiderZee View Post
                    I would say its B0llocks.
                    I ran my first company for 11 years - actually quite proud of what I had created, built up and established, made sure I paid all the taxes on time & didn't push the envelope too far on expense...all tickety boo.

Year 11 Tax man started a PAYE investigation which then turned into an IR35 investigation and he had 11 years of accounts to go back through - both investigations were classic fishing trips by HMRC, resulting in outrageous demands (taxman saying things like accountants fees were non-deductable from profit)which the Accountant fielded.
                    Ask yourself would he have been as interested in a company with fewer years trading activity to trawl through?.. but ultimately it's your choice

HTH
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X