• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please make sure you holiday abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please make sure you holiday abroad

Stephen Fry, Julie Walters, Harry Potter star Rupert Grint and Downton Abbey actress Michelle Dockery are fronting a government campaign to encourage Britons to holiday at home in 2012.

Video: Britons urged to take a 'staycation' this summer - Telegraph

Interesting me n the missus are weighing up whether to do a stay cation --- but are probably going to decide to go somewhere sunny with free beer instead,

Comment

If you have kids its very hard to beat centreparcs. Well, if they had any kinder hotels in the uk they would beat them.

Comment

We are for most of this year.

But we have a spare week next week and would like a bit of sun on our backs if we do go anywhere.

Any suggestions?
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I can get all the sun I need working away from home so I'll be making the most of my new car and hitting the English Riviera / Jurassic coast.

It actually costs about as much as flying to Thailand and is less friendly to the environment but what can you do?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Cheeky week diving just after Easter & a couple of weeks in Peru in Sept/Oct I hope.

Mrs Pondy doesn't do staycations and who can blame her.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              We are for most of this year.

But we have a spare week next week and would like a bit of sun on our backs if we do go anywhere.

Any suggestions?
              Not quite sure what your budget it - but UAE is very nice this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                If you have kids its very hard to beat centreparcs. Well, if they had any kinder hotels in the uk they would beat them.
                You can beat centreparcs by staying at home, eating at pizzahut and hungry horse pub, go down local swimming pool, go for a walk in a nearby wood.

Utter waste of money centreparcs.

Comment

4 weeks on the Dalmation coast in August.

Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Why is that justified?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X