• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not inclu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not inclu

Whoops, I just overloaded the CUK Server by searching for all forum threads started containing the literal phrase "Weak project management". Sorry admin, I can just imagine you in the server room with a fire extinguisher.

That poor friend of mine (the BA) is still hanging on in there. I was just trying to find him some classic CUK threads to look at. I found this which I'm sure will be of some comfort. Hell even SAS was nice in this thread. He is coming back isn't he?

Just had him on the phone, very dejected. After weeks of gently pointing out that the stakeholders keep changing their minds unreasonably so and being told they need to develop at risk withouth the specs being signed off he is now getting panned by the PM for not coping with the stress very well.

Sure, it's got nothing to do with failure to set and enforce deadlines, not implementing change management, trying to over deliver, and pussy-footing around real management issues

I told him to walk, poor sod, and keep his chin up. The thing is, as he can clearly see what is wrong with the project, and has very good ideas on how to fix it, should he look at moving into project management?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Whoops, I just overloaded the CUK Server by searching for all forum threads started containing the literal phrase "Weak project management". Sorry admin, I can just imagine you in the server room with a fire extinguisher.

That poor friend of mine (the BA) is still hanging on in there. I was just trying to find him some classic CUK threads to look at. I found this which I'm sure will be of some comfort. Hell even SAS was nice in this thread. He is coming back isn't he?

Just had him on the phone, very dejected. After weeks of gently pointing out that the stakeholders keep changing their minds unreasonably so and being told they need to develop at risk withouth the specs being signed off he is now getting panned by the PM for not coping with the stress very well.

Sure, it's got nothing to do with failure to set and enforce deadlines, not implementing change management, trying to over deliver, and pussy-footing around real management issues

I told him to walk, poor sod, and keep his chin up. The thing is, as he can clearly see what is wrong with the project, and has very good ideas on how to fix it, should he look at moving into project management?
    Is your 'friend' cut out for contracting?

Comment

Some old guff
      ftfy
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Is your 'friend' cut out for contracting?
        Does the friend live in Luton and provide PC support services at weekends?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Does the friend live in Luton and provide PC support services at weekends?
          Plus is unsure where his wifes goes at night and why all his children are black?

Comment

Whoops, I just overloaded the CUK Server by searching for all forum threads started containing the literal phrase "Weak project management".
            This search works well for me, are you sure it wasn't a temporary glitch?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Has he asked in Technical yet?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                The search facility in my signature is working.

Comment

Use Google and specify here.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Use Google and specify here.
                    WPSB said

site:http://forums.contractoruk.com suityou01

Comment

Working...
                    X