• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You've got a lot of bottle, son!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got a lot of bottle, son!

You've got a lot of bottle, son! Trader, 23, who blew £125,000 on champagne in £200,000 bar round gets told off by his MUM

A self-proclaimed City whizzkid who spent more than £200,000 on Britain’s most expensive round of drinks has been criticised by his unemployed mother over his apparent night of excess.

Alex Hope, 23, who claims he has earned a fortune by trading foreign currencies, is said to have forked out £125,000 on a single bottle of champagne along with £60,408 on other beverages and a £18, 540 tip.

But his mother Tina Hope, 53, who lives in a three-bedroom terrace house in Deptford, south-east London, is shocked he could blow so much money at a time while millions of people are struggling to survive.

The 53-year-old, whose home is worth as much as her son’s bar bill, said ‘I just hope he didn’t drink it all himself.'

‘I should suppose not. He’s a very good boy. I’m surprised by all of this,’ she told the Daily Express.

Mr Hope, who lives in a Docklands apartment two miles from his mother, claims to have enjoyed a meteoric rise since leaving school.

He says he began currency trading in his bedroom and also worked on market stalls and as a burger flipper.

On his blog – alexhopefx, which has now had access restricted – he boasts: ‘Alex knows and loves the FX market. Throughout his youth, his passions were football and…currencies!

Source: Alex Hope: Trader, 23, who blew £125,000 on champagne in £200,000 bar round gets told off by his MUM | Mail Online

WTF is this world coming to - nevermind him spending £200k on drinks, just how the fook banks allow some 23 year old conduct trades so much as he earns enough to blow £200k on booze in one evening?

Trader? Surely they mean gambler?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What always surprises me is that these kind of people always associated expensive wine/champagne with quality?! You can get some excellent vintage bottles for that price, why blow it on a overly large bottle of decent liquor
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Trader? Surely they mean gambler?
        WHS

Nick Leeson in the
        making.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          What always surprises me is that these kind of people always associated expensive wine/champagne with quality?! You can get some excellent vintage bottles for that price, why blow it on a overly large bottle of decent liquor
          ...and a 20 girl lesbian orgy thrown in aswell
          Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Is this Sasguru???
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Is this Sasguru???
              No it's AndyW and his mum.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Is this Sasguru???
                You mean the girl on the right?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  No it's AndyW and his mum.

Comment

Wasn't it sasguru and a few others here saying it's impossible to make money trading forex?

Comment

Working...
                    X