• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Northern Plan B'ers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern Plan B'ers

Latest list of commercial property for auction. Mostly up North, some very interesting pubs in receivership for sale.

Allsop LLP Commercial Online Catalogue - Auction Home
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

great site MF thanks

will keep my eye on that one

this item looks like something from the Ukraine not from Bedfordshire !!

or, is that how Bedfordshire looks ?

Milan.

http://www.auction.co.uk/commercial/...12/acbpl81.jpg

Comment

Its the joys of late 1960's early 1970's architecture. You have to be insane to want to work there.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Latest list of commercial property for auction. Mostly up North, some very interesting pubs in receivership for sale.

Allsop LLP Commercial Online Catalogue - Auction Home
        What kind of yield would you expect from that ? there seems to be lots of empty commercial property in the SE at the moment - must be worse oop North
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          What kind of yield would you expect from that ? there seems to be lots of empty commercial property in the SE at the moment - must be worse oop North
          Yield? Why the fook do you think it's empty in the first place!
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Got to laugh at the "business" minds here.

If sasguru were still alive he might even call them cretins.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              So you buy empty property just to keep it empty and get no return

This new fangled investing model is interesting

Comment

So you buy empty property just to keep it empty and get no return

This new fangled investing model is interesting
                I think most people are missing a fact here.

The owner of an empty office is liable for business rates unless they find a tenant and so an empty business premise is not an investment its a milestone around your neck.

If there isn't a reserve the actual value of that building is probably 0 as it will cost you thousands a year until a tenant appears.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I think most people are missing a fact here.

The owner of an empty office is liable for business rates unless they find a tenant and so an empty business premise is not an investment its a milestone around your neck.

If there isn't a reserve the actual value of that building is probably 0 as it will cost you thousands a year until a tenant appears.
                  That's what I was alluding to- also you have to factor in security to stop the pikeys getting in and afaiaa insurers do not give void property insurance

Sooooo 250k from your bank account,no tenant on the horizon, overheads won't go away difficult to get change of use and knock down and turn into residential

Where is the upside?

Comment

That's what I was alluding to- also you have to factor in security to stop the pikeys getting in and afaiaa insurers do not give void property insurance

Sooooo 250k from your bank account,no tenant on the horizon, overheads won't go away difficult to get change of use and knock down and turn into residential

Where is the upside?
                    Offsetable, tax relief and the opportunity to make a bundle in the future.

I was looking at a shop for sale down in Hampshire with a 13% yield. Of course won't go fo that, but then saying that the last one I saw(where I couldnt be bothered to go to the auction) was up for start £55k with a £7.5K a year rent with a long term tenant. It only went for £57k!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X