• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SBS fcuked it up big time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    How do you think they f*cked up?

Comment

Both hostages were killed. Mission failed. Fcukd up. I can't see any positives in this. Can you?
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Both hostages were killed. Mission failed. Fcukd up. I can't see any positives in this. Can you?
        They captured the people responsible.

There's always a risk that there will be collateral damage in an operation like that.

Very unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          The only responsible are the SBS who caused the death of the hostages. The mission was to save the lives of the hostages not to capture some pisspoor terrorist.

Comment

The only responsible are the SBS who caused the death of the hostages. The mission was to save the lives of the hostages not to capture some pisspoor terrorist.
            If only the SBS took a leaf out of your training manual, eh?

Firstly, you don't know what their mission was.

I would suggest that they were tasked with trying to rescue the hostages and to also try and capture at least some of the terrorists for intelligence gathering purposes.

But then I wasn't there at the pre-op briefing, were you?
            Last edited by Churchill; 9 March 2012, 08:04.

Comment

If only the SBS took a leaf out of your training manual, eh?

Firstly, you don't know what there mission was.

I would suggest that they were tasked with trying to rescue the hostages and to also try and capture at least some of the terrorists for intelligence gathering purposes.

But then I wasn't there at the pre-op briefing, were you?
              The Daily mail will be holding its own briefing
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

There's always a risk that there will be collateral damage in an operation like that.

Very unfortunate.
                If the mission was to avoid 'collateral' damage as you so
                impassionately tend to state in these type of discussions then yes the mission was a ******* failure.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  If the mission was to avoid 'collateral' damage as you so
                  impassionately tend to state in these type of discussions then yes the mission was a ******* failure.
                  If the mission was to pick daisies it could also be classified as a failure too!

You, me and the garden gate don't know what the mission briefing was or what the terrorists were told to do to the hostages if they were attacked.

The hostages were killed by the terrorists during a rescue attempt. That is all we know.

Comment

No, the people responsible are the kidnappers. It seems from early reports that SBS went in because they had intel that the kidnappers might be about to kill the hostages, so perhaps they were just too late.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X