• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to get a contract by compeeting on price

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get a contract by compeeting on price

I need a safe income contract quickly.

I have interviewed for positions up to €450/day, but I would gladly work for €200/day.....

How can I get a contract by competing on price?
    I tell agencies something like "competitve rate which is good for you", but I don't think that is going to offer my CV at say 350 instead of 500. I would guess they might give me €50 less passing 25€ on to the client (Which would be worth it if it increases my chances).

What should i do? What I am trying now is applying for permie positions, where there is no body-shopping involved offering at the end of the application to work as freelance for €200/day.

Any proposal for better strategy appreciated.

Oscar

...yes

Tescos
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar
      I need a safe income contract quickly.

I have interviewed for positions up to €450/day, but I would gladly work for €200/day.....

How can I get a contract by competing on price?
      I tell agencies something like "competitve rate which is good for you", but I don't think that is going to offer my CV at say 350 instead of 500. I would guess they might give me €50 less passing 25€ on to the client (Which would be worth it if it increases my chances).

What should i do? What I am trying now is applying for permie positions, where there is no body-shopping involved offering at the end of the application to work as freelance for €200/day.

Any proposal for better strategy appreciated.

Oscar
      Don't be coy. Tell the agent you'll work for €200/day and if you're any good they'll bite your hand off.

Comment

I compete on price by being more expensive than anybody else.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          I compete on price by being more expensive than anybody else.

HTH
          I do much the same: reassuringly expensive.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            I do much the same: reassuringly expensive.
            The development team I've set up at my current client has been nicknamed "Team Stella"...

Comment

Do not go into contracting by competing on price. It will end in tears. Trust me I've tried it.

Low Rate = tulip Contract + Hard Work = Misery

Comment

Cut price contractor

You are either desperately strapped for cash , an agent or lack confidence.

Although US contractors are annoying they are always and without exception very confident people. Brits however need to prove that confidence before it comes out , not saying one is better than the other but first impressions etc.

Maybe a bit of acting the part would be a good strategy , tell yourself 10 times I can do that contract , get on the phone and blow them away!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  The development team I've set up at my current client has been nicknamed "Team Stella"...
                  Nickname based on daily rates or their enjoyment of the golden stuff?

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

The best bet is to pitch yourself at the rate you think you are worth and are happy to accept. As Lucifer says, if you're any good you'll be flooded with offers.

Comment

Working...
                    X