• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London 2012

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London 2012

Has anyone got Olympic tickets? Or are you Londoners getting as far away as possible to avoid the crowds?

Considering going to Italy or Spain for the month...
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Who cares who can throw a stick the furthest?

Biggest waste of money possible.

We could have spent the money giving the thickos at school some kind of useful education or paying for some cancer drugs the NHS can't afford.

Comment

I'd hope to have a staycation and just playing online games and visiting places outside London like Bletchley

Unless I get offered a lucrative contract during the Olympics, bench time sounds better

My current gig ends in May, so I'll probably end up in London grrrr
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

It's going to be unbearable.

I remember the blanket coverage of the Commonwealth Games in Manchester and thought that was bad enough. This is going to go off the scale!

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Already rented my house out for the month

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
              Already rented my house out for the month

Hi Sas.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm dreading the prospect of getting a gig in London then. Presumably accommodation will be impossible to find, which means another stint of driving a 180 mile round-trip to Stanmore and back each day. I did that for a couple of weeks last year and it sucks

Comment

Well I for one can't wait, I think it'll be great.
                  We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                  - Douglas Adams

Comment

There's something in the news today about the mammoth security cost overruns. In the £billions. I wonder if it will go bomb free.

Comment

Working...
                    X