• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting In London This Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting In London This Year

The contracts I am looking at now, assuming 6 months in duration, would take me into the Olympics timeframe, has anyone considered how the olympics would effect contractors? Especially in terms of accommodation?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    The contracts I am looking at now, assuming 6 months in duration, would take me into the Olympics timeframe, has anyone considered how the olympics would effect contractors? Especially in terms of accommodation?
    I think it's going to be nigh on impossible. If you try and book something like the holiday inn, they're already fully booked. I guess a few opportunistic folk will start a short term B&B, but I'd expect these prices to be really inflated. I guess you could camp around some sites in and around the M25?

I think that would be the cheapest option.

I advertised my house last October and it was booked by December

Comment

I didn't even know the olympics where on this year. I must have been out that day.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

At least it's summer. Contractor bivvi and sleeping bag, if you can't get a contractor van far enough in.

Comment

Why not set up camp at St Pauls.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's going to be a nightmare for us commuters. At least I come into Waterloo and cycle rather than use the tube.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I'd be looking on monday to friday, niceroom etc. and seeing if there was a spare room to get into now, if you're going to be there over the summer.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                At least it's summer. Contractor bivvi and sleeping bag, if you can't get a contractor van far enough in.
                Contractor van??

We can't take our campervan into London any more because it would fail the new emissions test. The site at Crystal Palace must be fuming.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I thought ASDA let their trolley collectors sleep in the trolley bay?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    I thought ASDA let their trolley collectors sleep in the trolley bay?
                    ASDA, bit too up market for me, Lidl or Aldi only these days
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X