• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acid

BBC News - LSD 'helps alcoholics to give up drinking'

One dose of the hallucinogenic drug LSD could help alcoholics give up drinking, according to an analysis of studies performed in the 1960s.
    An expert said this was "as good as anything we've got"
    It probably causes less mental problems as well.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    BBC News - LSD 'helps alcoholics to give up drinking'

It probably causes less mental problems as well.
    Probably because after taking the LSD you become a paranoid schizophrenic who thinks alcohol is a way of the government controlling the people.

Comment

Dangerous remedy, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. A former girlfriend was really screwed up for over two year after taking the stuff. Kept seeing black curtains.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

isn't this a bit like saying - give up nicotine by smoking crack instead???

Comment

I always used to be able to drink more when taking it, which is why I took it. Sex on acid is un-*******-believable...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I always used to be able to drink more when taking it, which is why I took it. Sex on acid is un-*******-believable...
            Trying to shag the rj45 port of your 386 isn't exactly classed as sex, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Dangerous remedy, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. A former girlfriend was really screwed up for over two year after taking the stuff. Kept seeing black curtains.
              Was there white stains on the curtains?

Comment

I really can't see how dropping a acid tab will help drinkers apart from just take there mind of mind off booze while they are tripping, but if your tripping your pretty much useless anyway. Did alot of acid in my youth (it was cheaper than booze in those days), I wouldn't touch it ever again though I'm pretty liberal on things like this but it mess with the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                  I really can't see how dropping a acid tab will help drinkers apart from just take there mind of mind off booze while they are tripping, but if your tripping your pretty much useless anyway. Did alot of acid in my youth (it was cheaper than booze in those days), I wouldn't touch it ever again though I'm pretty liberal on things like this but it mess with the mind.
                  WBFS

A highly dangerous drug that has sent many users ‘beyond the pale’, including a few old acquaintances. Dabbled with ‘magic’ mushrooms in my youth and thankfully didn’t graduate to LSD.
                  one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    But you did imprison her in the cellar and feed you acid.

I've taken moderately large quantities of acid in my past and it never did me any harm.

Comment

Working...
                    X