• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way of sleeping in a car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way of sleeping in a car?

Following on from the contracting in London thread, what's the best way of sleeping in a car? Obviously a van would make superior contractor accommodation, but that method would involve getting a van.

The only solution I've tried is curled up on the back seat, when I travelled around Europe. That worked, but was not super comfortable.

Anyone tried doing anything a little more fancy, but still relatively simple, like folding down the rear seat and one front seat, and perhaps using a bit of hardboard with some support to make a flat and level bed, and draping a dark blanket from the top of the front seats towards the rear to stay semi-steathy?

How do you sleep in a car?

Back sits in Merc SL 55 AMG.

HTH

Comment

Like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Following on from the contracting in London thread, what's the best way of sleeping in a car? Obviously a van would make superior contractor accommodation, but that method would involve getting a van.

The only solution I've tried is curled up on the back seat, when I travelled around Europe. That worked, but was not super comfortable.

Anyone tried doing anything a little more fancy, but still relatively simple, like folding down the rear seat and one front seat, and perhaps using a bit of hardboard with some support to make a flat and level bed, and draping a dark blanket from the top of the front seats towards the rear to stay semi-steathy?

How do you sleep in a car?
        Drunk

Comment

Obviously this relates to when the car is not moving.

Comment

Drivers seat, wind the back down as far as you can. open the window half an inch.

make sure you are parked in a secluded area, like down the side of a hotel opposite the airport in Port Headland Northern territory Australia.

keep a tissue to wipe the drool off your chin

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Obviously this relates to when the car is not moving.
              Scratch my last post.

Comment

HTH

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Drivers seat, wind the back down as far as you can. open the window half an inch.

make sure you are parked in a secluded area, like down the side of a hotel opposite the airport in Port Headland Northern territory Australia.

keep a tissue to wipe the drool off your chin

I don't sleep well while sitting and like to move around a bit. Even curled up on the back seat beats that IMO.

Comment

As someone else said, drunk is the best way. Tried it sober and it is no fun at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X