• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make Bradford British

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Bradford British

Just catching up on Sky+ and watching this for the first time tonight.

So far, its a fairly accurate representation of what I've seen Bradford is like. Regretfully, Rochdale (my home town) is fairly similar but on a smaller scale.

That scene in the pub with the Asian girl was disgusting and embarrassing, but is not the first time I've seen it.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post

So far, its a fairly accurate representation of what I've seen Bradford is like. Regretfully, Rochdale (my home town) is fairly similar but on a smaller scale.

That scene in the pub with the Asian girl was disgusting and embarrassing, but is not the first time I've seen it.
    I currently work with an Asian lad from Rochdale and he's not that flattering about the place, much for the reasons you've indicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
      I currently work with an Asian lad from Rochdale and he's not that flattering about the place, much for the reasons you've indicated.
      It is tulip mate!! (is he coming up to the 2yr mark? The wife tutors the son of a fellow contractor...)

Ironically, your name brings back memories. I went through basic training in the army with a mixed race lad, he was nicknamed "Zoid" by the staff... Mainly cos he was a space cadet though.

Comment

It is tulip mate!! (is he coming up to the 2yr mark? The wife tutors the son of a fellow contractor...)

Ironically, your name brings back memories. I went through basic training in the army with a mixed race lad, he was nicknamed "Zoid" by the staff... Mainly cos he was a space cadet though.
        He's born and bred Rochdale, parents from Pakistan. Cracking lad actually, apart from supporting liverpool, although thats turned into a nice earner for me

Used to know a Roid in my home town, mainly as he abused steroids and was a hulking big fekka with anger management issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
          He's born and bred Rochdale, parents from Pakistan. Cracking lad actually, apart from supporting liverpool, although thats turned into a nice earner for me
          Most of them are! Just too many scrotes in this tuliphole that ruin it.

Comment

Most of them are! Just too many scrotes in this tuliphole that ruin it.
            Again, pretty much what he said. I am off round there next week for a meal with his family. Looking forward to the meal, but not so much Rochdale...

Comment

The Bradford I know is much different,,,
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                The Bradford I know is much different,,,
                Actually, from that website:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Details man.

What's this about? Last time I looked Bradford was in the UK.

What was the scene with the Asian girl?

Comment

from the time I spent in Bradford years ago - that pub - 'the boy and barrel' is *the* roughest of all pubs - nobody in their right mind would go in there let alone an educated muslim/asian woman.

The bit that that struck me was the daughter of Mohammed - Maria, married '...to a relative of my mother...' the 'liberal' JP from Ilkley or producers didn't pick up on it - only that he was male chauvinist (he's a asshole so what).

Comment

Working...
                    X