• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Unacceptable year'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Unacceptable year'

Barclay's Diamond gets £18m despite 'unacceptable year'

Barclays chief executive Bob Diamond has been handed a £17.7m pay package, despite branding the bank's performance in 2011 as "unacceptable".

Source: Barclay's Diamond gets £18m despite 'unacceptable year' - Telegraph

Didn't they make 6bill profit?

Comment

The buck stops there.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

This guydeserves more. Has Barclays been bailed out?

Errrr. No.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          This guydeserves more. Has Barclays been bailed out?

Errrr. No.
          Yes it was via bailout of AIG, cash injection from Middle East and bailout of banks they had deals with - if those folded that would have hit Barclays also.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Yes it was via bailout of AIG, cash injection from Middle East and bailout of banks they had deals with - if those folded that would have hit Barclays also.
            But it didn't. Made some nice money out of Barclays in 2008 and 2011. Personally though I think they've done a Rangers and it's gonna come back to haunt them, but in the meantime.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

All banks have been bailed out by bank bailout policies over the last few years IMO.

Comment

One of my pet hates is people saying "unacceptable" about things they have no choice but to accept.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  One of my pet hates is people saying "unacceptable" about things they have no choice but to accept.
                  Hahahaha good point

Comment

I would do it for £1.8m a year.

Comment

Working...
                    X