• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bugatti Veyron losing Water

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugatti Veyron losing Water

Any ideas what I can do?
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

You're a contractor, aren't you? Throw it away and buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
      Any ideas what I can do?
      Driver error I'm afraid. The cooling system is designed to lose a little water. This is because driven correctly it will be replenished by the driver p*ssing himself every time he floors it.

Comment

Like the SR71 the vehicle was made so that when its travelling at speed the heat generated by the friction of the air along the skin will close up all points where leakage occurs. Obviously you aren't driving your car fast enough!

Mailman

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4992676.stm

Lib Dems plan a £2,000 road tax

The Liberal Democrats hope to change Britain's car-buying habits
          The owners of cars which generate the most pollution would face annual road taxes of £2,000 under Liberal Democrat plans to tackle climate change.
          The figure - 10 times the current rate - would cover high-end cars such as BMW's 7 series, Bentley Continentals and the four-by-four Porsche Cayenne.

Comment

Like they're ever going to be in power!

Do you really think £2k is going to stop someone from driving a £150k Bentley?

I suppose it would be popular legislation for the (jealous)poor!

Comment

They may as well announce it at £2,000,000 a year, they've got zero chance of ever getting elected.

Comment

As was pointed out on Newsnight earlier this week, even if Britain banned all car use tomorrow, the carbon emissions saved would be overtaken by the increase in carbon emissions produced by China in a mere 51 days.

Headline catching proposal for the hard of thinking, those who think the filtthy rich should be squeezed and to give green voters a hard on. Nothing more or less.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
                  As was pointed out on Newsnight earlier this week, even if Britain banned all car use tomorrow, the carbon emissions saved would be overtaken by the increase in carbon emissions produced by China in a mere 51 days.
                  And if everyone in the British Isles suddenly dropped dead tomorrow, then at the current rate of increase in China's population (20 million annually) there would be the same number of extra Chinese within three years.

People who take it for granted that China will be the dominant superpower in twenty years should ponder those figures, and ask themselves if it isn't much more inevitable that resource-wise and social-wise something will go pear-shaped big time in China before too long.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
                    Any ideas what I can do?
                    Had the same problem in a brand spanking new BMW 7 series, and the water was actually pissing onto one of the brake disks, caused a lovely piroette on the motorway one evening.

Forget about asking them to kindly fix the faults, they already know and don't care. So find some thugs, go round the dealership, and get medieval on their ass. It is the only way to ensure such faults are rectified.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X