• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corner Flag Technology

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corner Flag Technology

So called 'goal' Wanderers - QPR today, what all the fuss? Barton clearly plonked the ball for the corner outside the quadrant (for which I would have red carded him, one for dissent as the ref told him to place it inside the quadrant, two for being Joey Barton) so if we had corner flag technology the corner resulting the 'goal' would have needed to retaken.

So given that, and with offside technology, would have been 2-0 to us, COYFWM!!!!!

I'm all in favour of Google-streetview 360 degree head cams to be worn by all the players, officials and crowd. Then there's no doubt.

Great goal by Klasnic, the Town Rapist.

Originally posted by stek View Post
    So called 'goal' Wanderers - QPR today, what all the fuss? Barton clearly plonked the ball for the corner outside the quadrant (for which I would have red carded him, one for dissent as the ref told him to place it inside the quadrant, two for being Joey Barton) so if we had corner flag technology the corner resulting the 'goal' would have needed to retaken.

So given that, and with offside technology, would have been 2-0 to us, COYFWM!!!!!

I'm all in favour of Google-streetview 360 degree head cams to be worn by all the players, officials and crowd. Then there's no doubt.

Did you notice how the linesman in the 2nd half levelled things up by not calling off-side for the QPR equaliser?

If they bring in technology, I'd prefer something similar to the AFL where the coach can have 2 challenges as don't want the flow of the game disrupted too much.
    one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Hope Bolton stay up. Gotta lot of time for Owen Coyle.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Hope QPR go down. Treatment of Warnock was pretty shoddy and Barton is on a par with Tevez for being the biggest disgrace to footballers.
        one day at a time

Comment

Such problems are often caused by other players being in the officials' line of sight. I propose all officials wear stilts so they can see over any obstruction. It's a well known fact that refs on stilts would run faster too, enabling them to keep up with play better.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Such problems are often caused by other players being in the officials' line of sight. I propose all officials wear stilts so they can see over any obstruction. It's a well known fact that refs on stilts would run faster too, enabling them to keep up with play better.

Good idea, and the linemen could be loaded onto pulleys too to further aid them keep up with play. I'd certainly start going to more matches again if these measures were introduced.
            Last edited by oscarose; 10 March 2012, 21:33.
            one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              And the Bolton board for standing by him, much as I hate Fatside, he's right on this occasion.

I remember him as a player for us, we didn't like him - where I stood on the Burnden Paddock (great name, prolly would now be the 'Carrs Pasties Enclosure' or summert) until he bagged a brace in a switch FA Cup tie against Gretna, then in the English League, 2-1 down with nine minutes to go, Coyley bags two, BWFC saved and he no longer gets the chant:

"Owen Coyle, Owen Coyle, Owen, Owen Coyle..
              He hits the ball, it does fuk all, Owen, Owen Coyle.."

All in good fun, no malice!

Good bloke tho, teetotal, rare* in a Scotsman....

* impossible really....

Comment

Owen Coyle's wife thinks he looks like George Clooney, so I think we need video replay technology in that area too.

Comment

Working...
                X