• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is they worth studying?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is they worth studying?

Hi

I am in between contracts at the moment, however today I received notification that I can study some of the following training courses on a part time basis

Linux LPIC-1 101 exam
    Linux LPIC-1 102 exam

VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 Exam
    vSphere security design

Citrix XenApp 6 Training
    Citrix XenDesktop 4 Training

I am from a network support background with some Cisco/Juniper etc certs and a background also in 2G, 3G 4G and transmission SDH/DWDM

I don't really see a future in network support for me was wondering what can possibly keep me in contracts is it worth studying any of the above or should I try digital security or even project management? I do see contract work in visualization. Any advice would be greatly apprecited. I not looking to earn a fortune, just keep a roof over my family's head for now would be enough.

Regards

Dave
    Last edited by arakis777; 10 March 2012, 23:25.

I would suggest

English Grammar 101
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by arakis777 View Post
      Hi

I am in between contracts at the moment, however today I received notification that I can study some of the following training courses on a part time basis

Linux LPIC-1 101 exam
      Linux LPIC-1 102 exam

VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 Exam
      vSphere security design

Citrix XenApp 6 Training
      Citrix XenDesktop 4 Training

I am from a network support background with some Cisco/Juniper etc certs and a background also in 2G, 3G 4G and transmission SDH/DWDM

I don't really see a future in network support for me was wondering what can possibly keep me in contracts is it worth studying any of the above or should I try digital security or even project management? I do see contract work in visualization. Any advice would be greatly apprecited. I not looking to earn a fortune, just keep a roof over my family's head for now would be enough.

Regards

Dave
      Affirmative, Dave. I read you.

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.

Without your space helmet, Dave? You're going to find that rather difficult.

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Are they worth Studying?

Yes my main grammatical error was purely intentional - at least it got some response. Pity I can't edit the thread title though now . Anyway I would appreciate any constructive responses.

Comment

Anyway I would appreciate any constructive responses.
          Then you are in the wrong place!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Yes my main grammatical error was not purely intentional - at least it got some response. Pity I can't edit the thread title though now . Anyway I would appreciate any constructive responses.
            Mate you're fooked....we are all fooked!

I am more fortunate in that I am closer to the end of my career than others, but I see contractors worrying about keeping a roof over their heads while Governments flood the market with cheap imports ... you either have to value add what you do (and I don't think anything techie is Bob proof) or get out of the game altogether.

I'd really hate to be trying to raise a family / start out in this market

Comment

Are they Worth Studying?

I would like to think, there are some helpful contractors left on this site, after all aren't contractors mean to look out for one another? Well the ones I have worked with are mostly like that

Comment

I would like to think, there are some helpful contractors left on this site, after all aren't contractors mean to look out for one another? Well the ones I have worked with are mostly like that
                bunch of rogues and cut-throats

Comment

Are they Worth Studying?

Wow that is quite a depressing thought. I know it is not going to be easy that is for sure. Eventually supply of Bobs will slow up, I have heard agencies and employers say they are now looking for people with real UK experience not just 1 year or so. It is too late for me to change careers anyway. I don't particularly want to start working as a cabbie for a living if I can help it.

Comment

Wow that is quite a depressing thought.
                    Well it's Sat night & I'm phissed so don't pay too much heed to what I say

Comment

Working...
                    X