• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beef Wellington Revisited - FAO norrahe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Wellington Revisited - FAO norrahe

Beef fillet, duxelles with pâté and truffle oil, asparagus, prosciutto wrapper and puff pastry with black mustard seeds, accompanied by butter sautéed potatoes.

Finally got it sussed using a prosciutto wrapper rather than crepes!

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Awesome! I need to try that.

Me, me, me...

Comment

Is that from the M&S 'two for a tenner' range?

Comment

Wahey!

Looks lovely
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Oi K2P2 no!

I think it's the tesco value range
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            Cheeky!
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Mmm. I'm suddenly very hungry!
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Keen to try cooking blade of beef in one of those little cylinder shapes at some point. Had it in a restaurant a while ago and it was incredibly tender.

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                  Keen to try cooking blade of beef in one of those little cylinder shapes at some point. Had it in a restaurant a while ago and it was incredibly tender.

Blade is one of the cuts that has to be cooked rare or slow cooked over a long period. It has a lot of connective tissue, really nice marbling, but the main connective tissue running through it often makes it tough. If you can get your butcher not to cross cut it when making steaks and cook it rare, it should be very tender.

If you want to shape the steak into rounds then buy a large piece of blade, wrap it very tightly in cling film and place in a cool fridge which should help it keep its shape ( you can also do teh same to shape fillet of beef into a consistent shape).

When cooking make sure the steak it up to room temp (last thing you want is a stone cold middle when cooking a rare steak). You can cut your steak and leave the cling film on when cooking it.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    Beef fillet, duxelles with pâté and truffle oil, asparagus, prosciutto wrapper and puff pastry with black mustard seeds, accompanied by butter sautéed potatoes.

Finally got it sussed using a prosciutto wrapper rather than crepes!

That certainly knocks Threaded's Sausage Rolls into the bin.

Comment

Working...
                    X