• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Directors loan write off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directors loan write off

Hi

I had an overdrawn Directors loan account of £350 at end of accounting period in May.

I promptly wrote off this loan in June of the following period.

In my next accounts i don't want to account for this as an expense as it is not really, but i know will appear in this way in accounts.

But as to not claim tax relief where do i add this back to the CT600?

Thanks

How did you write it off?

Easiest way would be to pay back the company £350 you simply cannot write off the money as though it never existed. Well you can but then it becomes a benefit in kind.

Comment

I agree with the above.

If however you just mean you repaid it, or declared a dividend to clear it, it's a balance sheet adjustment that won't affect your profit for tax purposes.
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

How exactly did you come about your username?

You need to get an accountant. Your woolly terms and flippant remarks about your accounts are particularly worrying. You are getting a couple of answers to very general questions and picking the one you want but I bet there is a lot more wrong that we or you know about.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X