• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Six Nations Rugger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six Nations Rugger

Good result for England today, winning in France. But it would take a minor miracle for Wales not to be champions now.

So, should England hire caretaker Stuart Lancaster as their new long-term head coach, or the much more experienced Nick Mallett?

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Good result for England today, winning in France. But it would take a minor miracle for Wales not to be champions now.

So, should England hire caretaker Stuart Lancaster as their new long-term head coach, or the much more experienced Nick Mallett?
    Both
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Both
      WMMS
      one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

If France beat Wales and England beat Ireland, it all comes down to points.

I think it's still possible for Wales to screw it up (unfortunately)

Comment

personally i'd be going with Mallett, and appoint Lancaster as his deputy, double win in my books, lancaster gets to be the long term successor whilst learning the ropes in more detail

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            If France beat Wales and England beat Ireland, it all comes down to points.

I think it's still possible for Wales to screw it up (unfortunately)
            That would put them level in the table, but England would also have to make up 38 in the points difference to go above Wales.

Comment

Yet another wooden spoon for the Scots looks on the cards to add to their growing collection judging by their woeful defence vs. Ireland which at times resembled a police officer waving the traffic through.
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                Yet another wooden spoon for the Scots looks on the cards to add to their growing collection judging by their woeful defence vs. Ireland which at times resembled a police officer waving the traffic through.
                Do think Murrayfield has a trophy cabinet with lots of wooden spoons lined up in it? At least it would be something to show off to visitors, etc.

Comment

It's a sad day when you measure your own team's rugby achievements against Scotland. Hardly a world-beating powerhouse now is it.

As for the coaches, I'd stick with Rowntree, Lancaster et al and not bring Mallet or someone else in just yet.

Comment

Thought England were good in flashes, but still too many cock ups and poor thinking. Progress though.
                    France didnt seem to play their usual game, when they did they had us beat but they seem to want to kick it rather than run it. Odd.

Seems to me that Lancaster is doing the job. Leave him with it but give him support.
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                    X