• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jupiter, Mars and Venus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jupiter, Mars and Venus

Bright and clear in the night sky tonight. Really strong red/hue on Mars earlier.

I believe it's possible to see all 5 this week.

Anyone know when Mercury is up as well?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Where is Nibiru?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Bright and clear in the night sky tonight. Really strong red/hue on Mars earlier.

Can you see Uranus?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Just after dusk I think. Been and gone for tonight.

Looks like Saturn is rising with the Moon soon.

Got Sky Maps or equivalent installed on your smart phone?

I keep trying to see how many stars I can see in the Great Square of Pegasus. Zero, is my highest total so far. Getting a bit low on the horizon by the time it gets dark enough now though.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Can you see Uranus?
          Send me the IP Address again.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Does anyone have a telescope? thinking of getting an amateur one.

Comment

BBC2, be there, or be elsewhere.

Comment

Got this pic of Venus and Jupiter from the house the other week. In twilight with a jet contrail.

Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post

Does anyone have a telescope? thinking of getting an amateur one.
                  I was thinking of buying some kick-ass 25 * 120 binoculars, like the Fujinon ; but they're about £8000 with the mount. (God knows what the 40 * 150 cost!)

Also I live in a basement flat in Central London, which doesn't help.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    I was thinking of buying some kick-ass 25 * 120 binoculars, like the Fujinon ; but they're about £8000 with the mount. (God knows what the 40 * 150 cost!)

Also I live in a basement flat in Central London, which doesn't help.
                    Spend much less on a decent reflector, something you can pack in the boot of the car and get away from the light pollution. Some nice scopes sub £1k with motor drive mounts so no need to spend ages trying to get the thing aligned.

Biggest frustration with noobs to scopes is how hard it is to see something and keep it in the field of view. A decent equatorial mount will solve that. You need to be looking at planets, nebulae, galaxies, clusters etc rather than just pointing at random stars which will still just look like stars no matter how powerful the optics.

I'm starting to get great results using a Nikon D3000 + 75-300mm telephoto lens for astrophotography, just getting a starfield shot like I used to see in books as a kid is very rewarding.
                    Last edited by Cliphead; 11 March 2012, 21:34.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X