• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I drove 600 miles on Saturday - took 8 hours. Collected the mother-out-law and ame home.

Yesterday I took baby BP on 'normal' trains, tube trains, dlr trains and buses.

And last night Mrs BP and I could attend church together for first time in ages without baby BP - superb!

Yes, thanks for asking. My daughter came down for the first time in a couple of months which was good. We went to the pictures to see Marigold Hotel (too much like being at work) and then out for dinner at our local pub.

Also got lots done. Had some detailed letters to write which I'd been putting off, got some stuff on eBay, washed the cars, got the tyres changed on the truck.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I had a nice weekend, yes. Thanks for asking.

Shopping and domestic stuff on Saturday.

Lunch out yesterday.

All in all quite civilised.

Comment

It was good, thanks for asking.

Mostly cooking and watching the rugby.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

A good weekend was had in the 5* household thanks - lots of stuff done and bought.

Comment

I cut down and chopped up a tree and have some sore muscles today.

Other than that, kids birthday party, barbecue, time in the park, bike ride etc.

Comment

Lovely thanks.

Went to Longleat on Sat. Quite impressed actually, a really nice day out. Kids tulip themselves in the Tiger enclosure though, although possibly not as deep and full as the two builders in a transit pick up in which one of the tigers, a big bastard, jumped on the pick up bed and started padding about at the windows. Much action by the wardens who had guns. We got out fairly quickly. Builders followed looking like they'd lost some weight.

Sunday nice family canoe trip along the Somerset levels once the fog lifted.

Comment

Daughter came home Friday after a holiday in Egypt with her mother. Out to Mexicali in North London for some Mexican with the wife and daughter, very nice it was too.

Saturday went to see my cousin in Reading, to see her, her husband and their new baby.

Sunday, the wife pottered in the garden while I did some fixing on our dead George Foreman grill only to discovered, after stripping it down, a previously unseen On/Off button, which we never use, and its working again. Doh!

Wife decided to cook some fairy cakes, thought 12, as per recipe, wasn't enough, so doubled up the mixture and made 56!! How's that work?

Monday, day 1 of new extension, all in order, got in the building and can still login. Bonus.
                Last edited by Scrag Meister; 12 March 2012, 10:30.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                X