• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dirty Robbing Bastards!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty Robbing Bastards!

Letter from DVLA saying my driving licence was about to expire, and they would demand £20 for the privilege just to renew it

Can I expense it?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Letter from DVLA saying my driving licence was about to expire, and they would demand £20 for the privilege just to renew it

Can I expense it?
    No I got the same on Saturday. Its best just to check the location of the post office they mention and get them to do it.

I think it was £25 all in when my wife did it its a ripoff but sadly a perfectly legal one.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Can I expense it?
      At the time I thought replacing the paper jobbie with the shiny new photocard DL was a good idea, wish I'd stuck with the original as it is no more than a money making scam
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Hee hee. Still got my nice old paper one. I also still have my petrol vouchers issued during Edward Heath's fuel shortage thing. Never know when I might need them.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If you change address isn't it free? In the old days you just switched to your parents and back to yours. Bob's your uncle.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            If you change address isn't it free? In the old days you just switched to your parents and back to yours. Bob's your uncle.
            If you change your address it doesn't extend the valid to period on the licence so you still need to renew

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

36 million motorists in the UK, 10% renewing every year means an extra £72m in the govt coffers in stealth tax, no counting all the PCV and HGV licence renewals

Comment

36 million motorists in the UK, 10% renewing every year means an extra £72m in the govt coffers in stealth tax, no counting all the PCV and HGV licence renewals
                Hardly a stealth tax. If it gets some old gits who can't see their hands in front of their faces by not letting them renew it's ok for me.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Hee hee. Still got my nice old paper one. I also still have my petrol vouchers issued during Edward Heath's fuel shortage thing. Never know when I might need them.
                  Same here, in fact I've got two, one with (now expired) points on and one that's clean.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Hardly a stealth tax. If it gets some old gits who can't see their hands in front of their faces by not letting them renew it's ok for me.
                    But there is no test or anything on renewing, its fill in a form with a new photo, so its not keeping anyone off the road who deserves to be

Comment

Working...
                    X