• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A tidy desk is the clearest sign of a diseased mind.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo gallery: Engineering's messiest desks

Lovely to see that pc set up in classic windoze mode.

My todo list:

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

In my pre-IT career I worked with an old electronics engineer whose desk was piled as high as physically possible with every piece of junk you could imagine.

He was eventually asked to clear it on H&S grounds. At the bottom of the pile we found a frying pan that has been buried for 10 years.

A frying pan.

Comment

Personally I cannot work except in a clean desk where everything is in place. But that probably says I have a problem

Comment

Same here. If anything is a cm out of place I start foaming at the mouth.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

My desk is a place of horror.

Richard Granger the erstwhile director of the NHS National Programme for IT was notorious for nipping round the building at lunchtime and confiscating unlocked laptops, leaving a note that the miscreant should apply to him in person for its return.

Comment

Or a sign that some ineffectual middle manager has latched onto the "5S" scheme as a way of ensuring his continued employment.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                Or a sign that some ineffectual middle manager has latched onto the "5S" scheme as a way of ensuring his continued employment.
                What is the 5s scheme?

In my travels the worst desk I've seen was a tester working for a government department who printed out everything he recieved. His desk resembled a childs den of boxes and paperwork piled up and creating a cave
                Last edited by redgiant; 12 March 2012, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
                  What is the 5s scheme?
                  Let me google that for you
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Same here. If anything is a cm out of place I start foaming at the mouth.
                    We had one chap like that. We used to mirror the objects on his desk when he went home.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X