• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swiss firm to create 500 jobs in Edinburgh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swiss firm to create 500 jobs in Edinburgh

Fill yer boots - did I mention my Edinburgh in apartment is available for a special monthly rental?

Swiss firm to create 500 jobs in Edinburgh - Management - Scotsman.com

Professional IT workers in London must be in short supply or something.

Published on Thursday 16 February 2012 18:19

A SWISS firm has opened a software development centre which will create 500 jobs in Scotland’s capital.

Avaloq Innovation chose Edinburgh for the centre because of the high number of IT professionals in the city.

The company, which creates software for banks, will employ 400 software engineers during the first four years, growing to around 500 in four to seven years.

It plans to recruit 75 graduate trainees in the first year.

Finance Secretary John Swinney opened the new facility today.

He said: “This is only the second such site for Avaloq anywhere in the world and the first outside their home country of Switzerland.

“Avaloq have chosen to locate their new software development centre in Edinburgh and to recruit 75 graduates from our universities, which is testament to the high quality of Scottish education and enhances the strength of the city’s international reputation for finance and IT services.”

Scottish Development International and Scottish Enterprise have been working with the firm since November 2010, providing advice on recruitment and location.

The project has also been assisted with a Training Plus Grant of £1.74 million from Scottish Enterprise.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 12 March 2012, 20:56.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Fill yer boots - did I mention my Edinburgh apartment is available for a special monthly rental?
    How much is the deposit?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      How much is the deposit?
      £3k, which is still £5k less than the deposit I needed to put down on my place here in münchen
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

£3k, which is still £5k less than the deposit I needed to put down on my place here in münchen
        £3k? You must be fooking joking mate.

How much is monthly rent anyway?

Comment

£3k? You must be fooking joking mate.

How much is monthly rent anyway?
          Well it's like this buddy, I had to put down £9k renting out here, and I would have done the same over there if I thought I could get away with it. Tenants back home don't know they're born. So £3k deposit is a steal, as I recall I left two couples fighting over it last time.

It's furnished and includes a working kitchen!!! All yours for £1550 pcm

Comment

Sounds expensive, how many bedrooms, what's total size in sq meters and where is it located?

Comment

Sounds expensive, how many bedrooms, what's total size in sq meters and where is it located?
              2 beds,

Did I mention the working wood burner and access to private gardens?

Comment

The project has also been assisted with a Training Plus Grant of £1.74 million from Scottish Enterprise.

They will take the money and run
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Bet it's in Niddrie...

Comment

Well it's like this buddy, I had to put down £9k renting out here, and I would have done the same over there if I thought I could get away with it. Tenants back home don't know they're born. So £3k deposit is a steal, as I recall I left two couples fighting over it last time.

What will you do with when you move to <insert new place here>?

Comment

Working...
                    X