• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

if you've got five minutes read this !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you've got five minutes read this !!

Olympics 2012 security: welcome to lockdown London | Stephen Graham | Sport | The Guardian

Milan.

I assumed this was going to be a PM to someone.

Comment

Don't knock it. My son is on that gravy train.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Don't knock it. My son is on that gravy train.
        Just hope it's not a sinking gravy boat or he could get shafted up the oxo tower.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Just hope it's not a sinking gravy boat or he could get shafted up the oxo tower.
          As long as he gets paid...

Comment

I got pissed off reading this. Yes the whole games are costing too much, but this article is typical whingeing lefty bulltulip.

...in a city still recovering from riots that the Guardian-LSE Reading the Riots project showed were partly fuelled by resentment at the Olympics' lavish cost.

...a massive security operation, of unprecedented scale, largely to protect wealthy and powerful people and corporations.

Already, the Dorset police are proudly boasting that their new number-plate recognition cameras, built for sailing events, are allowing them to catch criminals more effectively.

They'd soon be on the case if a clever terrorist operation succeeds, or a protest group disrupted everything. Or maybe not, to the Grauniad it seems even terrorists must be 'understood'.

Comment

Working...
            X