• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please, be quiet!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, be quiet!

Was going to post this is general, but seem as though it's the kind of thing we are up against in "contracts" these days - with all the offshoring - I thought I'd post it here.

Anyone ever been on a contract where someone has a snooze twice a day at his/her desk?

I'm currently sat in one of the biggest Investment Banks in the world. Been here nearly two years. The Indian "consultant" who joined last week has been given the desk next to me. He puts his head down for a little snooze at least twice each day, sometimes more. This is in an open-plan office of approximately 50 people.

Absolutely un-fooking believable.
    nomadd liked this post

Does it affect you? Do they snore or something?

Comment

A quick power nap during the day on the odd occasion works wonders for me, especially if I’ve had to feed the pony the previous evening. I do try and make it to the car though.
      one day at a time

Comment

Does he do 26 hours a day and get paid 150 quid a day? If so, cut him some slack.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Only just beats one of the bob'esses here. She has a screen facing door but doesn't attempt to hide her FB, India news and rightmove(!?!?!) browsing 8 hours a day. We had a chat here the other week and not one of us has ever seen a work related screen up.. and I mean ever!! We honestly don't have a clue what she does. Outrageous but no one dare say anything in case she starts crying and we get done for racism.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

He might be running two contracts.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
              Was going to post this is general, but seem as though it's the kind of thing we are up against in "contracts" these days - with all the offshoring - I thought I'd post it here.

Anyone ever been on a contract where someone has a snooze twice a day at his/her desk?

I'm currently sat in one of the biggest Investment Banks in the world. Been here nearly two years. The Indian "consultant" who joined last week has been given the desk next to me. He puts his head down for a little snooze at least twice each day, sometimes more. This is in an open-plan office of approximately 50 people.

Does this Indian do later hours in the evening than the Englishmen?

Comment

You need to get some engineers blue and write something like 'Slacker' on his desk where he rests his forehead. Superglue may not achieve the same result but still a highly humerous outcome.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But I do think it better in Genreal.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

. He puts his head down for a little snooze at least twice each day, sometimes more. Absolutely un-fooking believable.
                    It's well known to improve productivity. What's your beef?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X