• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Muppets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Muppets

It seems I made an incredibly stupid assumption that when you told the HMRC that your business address had changed it would update the address for all the services your business was registered for with the HMRC. Oh how could I have been so stupid. It seems that the VAT people have their own database and you have to notify them separately.

Oh wait they have an online form to do this that you access on the Government gateway in the same place you do your VAT return so this should be nice and easy. Buy no the idiots now need to send me a activation code BY POST TO MY OLD ADDRESS so I can continue with the process of changing my address. So they are happy for me to pay them thousands of pounds every month using the standard authentication but they can't change my adress!!!!

Rant over

See http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1479217 and bagpuss's other posts in that thread.

And then think whether you really want someone to be able to unilaterally change your details.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Your rant is justified sir.

Comment

I had this problem, and just sent back the paper version of the form. Fortunately I hadn't signed up for the "Proof" service, which is meant to stop fraud because it does seem that without that anyone can change the registered address for any company.

The PAYE part of HMRC still have my company name wrong, despite me telling them twice. But the other branches of the government got it right. Clearly there's no kind of integration.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
        X