• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Open letter to those who think that the word "Paki" is illegal.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open letter to those who think that the word "Paki" is illegal.

The case, brought under the Football Offences Act 1991, established that even without accompanying swearing or insults, chants on football terraces incorporating the word were racist and illegal.

'Paki' football chant ruled racist by court | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

I seem to think there was an asian clothing company called PAK1

I shall look it up and report back

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      I seem to think there was an asian clothing company called PAK1

I shall look it up and report back
      Try here for a start Pakistani defends his Pak1 T-shirts - Telegraph
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

That's almost 10 years ago, we've moved on since then.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          That's almost 10 years ago, we've moved on since then.
          If it was racist 21 years ago its racist now unless the person deciding to use the word is of Pakistani origin and is calling himself that.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yet in another case churchy, I have witnessed a victim of an assault being arrested for referring to his attacker as a Paki.

I agree that it is the same as saying Brit, Scot, etc etc, however some do use it as a slur. Because of all the liberal bedwetters in the UK, one could say such a thing, yet be branded a racist by the far left.

Isn't it just better to avoid such phrases that gets some peoples backs up?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              If it was racist 21 years ago its racist now unless the person deciding to use the word is of Pakistani origin and is calling himself that.

Hell in a ******* handcart!

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                Yet in another case churchy, I have witnessed a victim of an assault being arrested for referring to his attacker as a Paki.

I agree that it is the same as saying Brit, Scot, etc etc, however some do use it as a slur. Because of all the liberal bedwetters in the UK, one could say such a thing, yet be branded a racist by the far left.

Isn't it just better to avoid such phrases that gets some peoples backs up?
                And perpetuate the myth?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  And perpetuate the myth?
                  This thread and the other one reminds me of Nick Griffin on Question Time. He thinks he is holding his own whereas most of the people watching or participating know he is a trying to squirm his way out of being called a racist. Would respect you more if you just admitted you were a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    This thread and the other one reminds me of Nick Griffin on Question Time. He thinks he is holding his own whereas most of the people watching or participating know he is a trying to squirm his way out of being called a racist
                    I hope that was your feeble attempt at being funny.

Comment

Working...
                    X