• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low offer a bit fishy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low offer a bit fishy?

I've just been offered a permie Enterprise Architect role for £80K no bonus. I've done a quick scan of the job boards and spoken to someone who recently took a permie architect job, and it looks like the norm is 80K + bonus (could be 1% but at least it is there!). I haven't got specific EA experience, 5 years of solutions architecture experience and am TOGAF certified but this still seemed fishy that there was no bonus. Any one in the field know if this is an acceptable offer?

Usually I would just laugh at a germie role but I'm considering it because I need some new skills, I getting bored of doing the same old tulipe.

Originally posted by sumo View Post
    I've just been offered a permie Enterprise Architect role for £80K no bonus. I've done a quick scan of the job boards and spoken to someone who recently took a permie architect job, and it looks like the norm is 80K + bonus (could be 1% but at least it is there!). I haven't got specific EA experience, 5 years of solutions architecture experience and am TOGAF certified but this still seemed fishy that there was no bonus. Any one in the field know if this is an acceptable offer?

Usually I would just laugh at a germie role but I'm considering it because I need some new skills, I getting bored of doing the same old tulipe.
    Good for you, now GTFO.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Good for you, now GTFO.
      Eh? WTF does that mean?

Are you sure you're cut out for creating memes?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Eh? WTF does that mean?

You mean what does the acronym mean?? You cannot be serious (in McEnroe stylie)

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Eh? WTF does that mean?

How about GetTFOut
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You mean what does the acronym mean?? You cannot be serious (in McEnroe stylie)
            You forget some people are hard of thinking.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              How about GetTFOut
              Thank you. They don't make old people like they used to anymore do they!

Comment

Good for you, now GTFO.
                Sigh, why did I bother asking for advice on the Fing board? Oh well lesson learned.

Comment

Sigh, why did I bother asking for advice on the Fing board? Oh well lesson learned.
                  Well you might want to read the forum headings and put it in the right place for a start.

Comment

well to be honest if you can't decide whether an offer is good or not, you're not worth 80p let alone 80k

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X