• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

South of England losing water

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South of England losing water

tee hee

Ah, but wrong type of rain you see. This rain doesn't do anything for the shareholder returns. The sort of rain they're looking for is the stuff that's found in Thailand during the monsoons: the one that covers up the leaking infrastructure.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

We got loads of water

Comment

The man on the lunchtime news from Thames Water said they were going to build a new reservoir next year. Strange really after closing down and selling off seven last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
          The man on the lunchtime news from Thames Water said they were going to build a new reservoir next year. Strange really after closing down and selling off seven last year.
          ITV news the other night had a counter running during the bulletin on water. It reckoned 1.5mn litres lost in 3 minutes. As it’s Friday and things are slow again, I have done a little calculation. I reckon if Bough Beech reservoir was leaking at the rate shown on the bulletin, it would be dry in 213 days (but assumes it’s reasonably full to begin with).
          "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

shame you couldn't have some of ours. we're up to our necks in the stuff and it'd flow quite easily to your locations which as we all know, are downhill

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
              shame you couldn't have some of ours. we're up to our necks in the stuff and it'd flow quite easily to your locations which as we all know, are downhill
              The plan that always comes to nought is to use the canal system to bring the water down from up North to here... then you lot could piss in it on its way down as a means of extracting revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
                The plan that always comes to nought is to use the canal system to bring the water down from up North to here
                Is it downhill all the way? Otherwise it won't work, will it?

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
                  Is it downhill all the way? Otherwise it won't work, will it?
                  All the piss will stay around Milton Keynes or Bedford where it belongs.
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Well, it would be great if the water runs out and the press get hold of the number of reservoirs and potential water volume that they sold off for housing over the last ten years vs shareholder payouts, it would make interesting times...

even teflon bliar's incompetent administration could hide behind that news...
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X