• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very important relativity question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very important relativity question

Anyone up on the theory of relativity and implications?

I need to know what would be the practical consequences if the speed of light was 30mph. Would Usain Bolt start a race and end up 30 years older at the finish line? Would he even make the finish line, being approx 3000 miles across as soon as he left the starting blocks? Would you age twice as fast upstairs as downstairs?

Ah found this! Bolt would get flatter not wider and he'd age less not more.

http://boomeria.org/physicslectures/.../tompkins.html
    Last edited by xoggoth; 14 March 2012, 12:56.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Anyone up on the theory of relativity and implications?

I need to know what would be the practical consequences if the speed of light was 30mph. Would Usain Bolt start a race and end up 30 years older at the finish line? Would he even make the finish line, being approx 3000 miles across as soon as he left the starting blocks? Would you age twice as fast upstairs as downstairs?
    You've been watching the telly on fast forward again haven't you?

Comment

Yay. Admin got out the flamethrower.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There would be an awful lot of car accidents.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

you need to get out more

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            I need to know what would be the practical consequences if the speed of light was 30mph.
            Would make AtW's Lada seriously fast....

Comment

Working...
            X