• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland to go bust unless it builds a new Golfcourse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland to go bust unless it builds a new Golfcourse

I love this story:

two complete utter twats at each others throats, and a good analysis of windfarms to boot.
    It says it all

Donald Trump, an unlikely Braveheart, prepares to defend Scotland's coastline from wind farms - Telegraph

Donald Trump is almost (but not quite) yelling down the phone from his New York offices in the 58-storey tower that bears his name, as do most things he owns. “I’m trying to save Scotland!” he cries. “If I don’t speak out, Scotland will go broke! I don’t need this hassle; I’m a very rich person. But someone has to defend Scotland’s unspoilt wilderness from the curse of wind turbines before it’s spoiled forever.”

And, of late, the billionaire is proving one almighty thorn in the side of Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond over proposals to erect 11 giant wind turbines a mile off the Aberdeenshire coast, where Trump is developing his Trump International Golf Links resort on the Balmedie Estate, near Menie.

In Trump, the oleaginous Salmond has met a world-class adversary, with an international media profile and virtually bottomless coffers. The fact that the First Minister was previously accused of being a little too cosy with Trump, and of having entered into something of a Faustian pact with the high-end developer, sacrificing an area of scientific interest for economic reasons, adds piquancy to their spat.

Bring it on

Now I’m doing her homeland an even bigger favour because I’m going to stop the desecration of its precious coastline by these ugly wind turbines.”
    Phew thank god for that I thought he might be doing it for power prestige and money for himself
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

I love this comment:

Scotland has for a long time been its own worse enemy, resentful of wealth, aggressively egalitarian, searching for grievances and compelled to bite the hand that feeds it. In Alex Salmon, they have found a true leader in all those self-destructive inclinations. I suspect the English were responsible in times long ago for creating this cancer in the Scottish psyche and it has extended to all foreigners. The traditional cordial relationship with the French is partly because it cocks a snoot at the traditional Anglo-French detente. I can't imagine why Trump thought he could change the Scottish DNA. There are world regions where it's best to just walk away and I fear that includes Scotland
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I love this comment:

Scotland has for a long time been its own worse enemy, resentful of wealth, aggressively egalitarian, searching for grievances and compelled to bite the hand that feeds it. In Alex Salmon, they have found a true leader in all those self-destructive inclinations. I suspect the English were responsible in times long ago for creating this cancer in the Scottish psyche and it has extended to all foreigners. The traditional cordial relationship with the French is partly because it cocks a snoot at the traditional Anglo-French detente. I can't imagine why Trump thought he could change the Scottish DNA. There are world regions where it's best to just walk away and I fear that includes Scotland
      Quoting Donald Trump now, you are scraping the bottom of the barrel, he is a laughing stock.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Quoting Donald Trump now, you are scraping the bottom of the barrel, he is a laughing stock.
        It did not come from Donald Trump it came from a comment made on the article on the Telegraph website

Comment

Two Baldies scrapping over a comb

Comment

It did not come from Donald Trump it came from a comment made on the article on the Telegraph website
            That old excuse

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Two Baldies scrapping over a comb
              How did you know I was bald?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                How did you know I was bald?
                Or me?

Comment

I love this comment:

Yeah Scotland will be crying if Trump flips off. You, Trump and that commentsor just don't like the fact that the Jocks and the Frogs never warmed to the Reagan-Thatcher axis and yet they are still going.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Yeah Scotland will be crying if Trump flips off. You, Trump and that commentsor just don't like the fact that the Jocks and the Frogs never warmed to the Reagan-Thatcher axis and yet they are still going.
                    Do you think anyone gives a **** what the Scots and Frogs thought?

Comment

Working...
                    X