• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alcatraz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcatraz

I watched it last night.

It was like lost, x files and some other sh!te all rolled into one. Sam Neil was ok, but the storyline is absolutely dire

Hurley's in it as well

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

And I've escaped from it.

Twice.

Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I watched it last night.

It was like lost, x files and some other sh!te all rolled into one. Sam Neil was ok, but the storyline is absolutely dire

Hurley's in it as well

It gets worse, am about 5 or so episodes in and it is very much like lost.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Very much "why/what/how the **** is that/this happening" type show.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          It gets worse, am about 5 or so episodes in and it is very much like lost.
          I really get the impression that someone sat down and said 'right. How can we string an audience along for an indefinate length of time. I know, lets have one mystery revealing a second mystery which reveals a third etc, without any of them ever being resolved'

the idea of a beginning a middle and an end has been replaced with a beginning a middle and a beginning and a middle and a b.......

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I listened to an ex-inmate being interviewed the other day. He said the Birdman was a complete and utter bastard who had to be kept away from other people most of the time.

Comment

It's supposed to keep you interested and engaged, but for a large number of people it just puts them off straight away.

I'm enjoying Homeland just now, normal season long plot, slowly but surely building towards the end.

The Chicago Code was good too, but got canned after 1 season.

Comment

How did Crossroads end up?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  How did Crossroads end up?
                  In the final scene Sandy got a bj in his wheelchair from Miss Diane while Bennie watched and knocked one out.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                    In the final scene Sandy got a bj in his wheelchair from Miss Diane while Bennie watched and knocked one out.
                    I never understood why the script-writers put Sandy in a wheelchair almost from the start. Now I know.

But it's still not much of a denouement after twenty years of build up.

Comment

Working...
                    X