• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm getting fat and I know why....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting fat and I know why....

'CO2 in the atmosphere is making us all fatter': Researcher says we are increasing in size as gas levels go up | Mail Online

You 4x4 driving ****ers, please walk.

Anyway, back to my roast hog dinner.

Thanks for listening.

Are you sure they aren't talking about vegetables?

Comment

Are you sure eat all those lardy butties haven't caused it?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Are you sure they aren't talking about vegetables?
        Wot. Churchy and Zoid you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Are you sure eat all those lardy butties haven't caused it?
          No and it isn't the bottle of wine and five packets of pork scratching either.

IT'S FOOKING CARBON 'INNIT.

Comment

Is there an atmospheric gases trends chart? All I seem to be able to find in my 1 second search just now was on carbon dioxide and other evil gases. I was wondering what oxygen levels were doing, whether plants were dining on the extra CO2.

Comment

Blimey - a serious question.

O2 Dropping Faster than CO2 Rising

While CO2 has increased a lot in percentage terms - up by circa 30%, it is still pretty much a trace gas at around 390ppm so in absolute terms not a big change - and insufficient for a noticiable increase in plant productivity.

Ocean acidification though - now that's a different story.
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

New research shows oxygen depletion in the atmosphere accelerating since 2003, coinciding with the biofuels boom; climate policies that focus exclusively on carbon sequestration could be disastrous for all oxygen-breathing organisms including humans...Reductionist accounting for CO2 alone is insufficient, and even grossly misleading and dangerous.
                Oh dear™

Comment

more scare stories.

I like this one

“At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.”
                  • Kenneth Watt, Ecologist 1970

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    more scare stories.

Indeed EO.

Every time someone opens their trap on gasses in the air, I chuckle as they don't seem to understand what air is composed of, how it is mostly nitrogen and carbon dioxide is almost a trace gas.

Comment

Working...
                    X