• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How enforceable is this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How enforceable is this?

I got a bloody summons in the post yesterday cause I missed the last council tax payment But not only that, so did my wife YET when I look through all my council tax "demands" the only name that ever appears on the demands is mine.

The question is, how legal is the summons with my wifes name on it even though none of the council tax "demands" are in her name?

Mailman

ps. all sorted now, summons cancelled by court after a discussion this morning

Originally posted by Mailman
    I got a bloody summons in the post yesterday cause I missed the last council tax payment But not only that, so did my wife YET when I look through all my council tax "demands" the only name that ever appears on the demands is mine.

The question is, how legal is the summons with my wifes name on it even though none of the council tax "demands" are in her name?

Mailman

You mean to say they issued a summons just because you missed one payment?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
      You mean to say they issued a summons just because you missed one payment?
      Yes, one payment!

If only the rest of the civil service was as efficient as these feckers!

Mailman

Comment

Dear Troubled,

Dear Troubled,

Anyone living at an address or is owning the property is liable for the Council Tax. The summons is not like a civil summons and it is issued for a magistrates Court. A default of payment does not involve a CCJ but you can be liable for prison. The summons are issued by computer and the Magistrate will hear anyone that turns up. You can make payment up until the Court date. Councils are very strict theses days because there are mass defaults due to the high charges. In some cities there are 25% defaults. Council Tax is illegal under magna carta.
        HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

But not only that, so did my wife YET when I look through all my council tax "demands" the only name that ever appears on the demands is mine.

Mailman

Congratulations on being one of the first to take advantage of the new gay marriage rules.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ive already told you sasguru...bisexual. Just ask yo momma!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
              Council Tax is illegal under magna carta.
              Whats Magna Carta got to do with the price of fish? Didnt that document merely serve to protect the landed gentry of the time and nothing more?

And anyway, wouldnt a subsequent act of parliament (that let councils tax its citizens) then make council tax "legal"?

Mailman

Comment

Magna Carta

"Whats Magna Carta got to do with the price of fish? "

Magna Carta and Fish
                HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Now we have got that out of the way

What does the Magna Carta have to do with the legality of council tax?

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Now we have got that out of the way

What does the Magna Carta have to do with the legality of council tax?

Regards

Mailman
                    "No town or person shall be forced to build bridges over rivers except those with an ancient obligation to do so."
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X