• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coffee 'With Room'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee 'With Room'

Was in Starbucks today ordering a rare coffee - waitress asked if I wanted my coffee 'with room ?'. Didn't have a clue what she was going on about and she explained, black or leave enough room to add milk ! How Americanised is that ??!

What rare coffee do Starbucks serve?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      What rare coffee do Starbucks serve?
      A rare coffee with room...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Was in Starbucks today ordering a rare coffee - waitress asked if I wanted my coffee 'with room ?'. Didn't have a clue what she was going on about and she explained, black or leave enough room to add milk ! How Americanised is that ??!
        I had some cock next to me in the queue at Oxford services today order an "Americano with room"...

But then I got confused when they asked my name so they could "personalise" my cup. Good idea, however the girl making the drinks just shouted "medium latte" and about 6 people stepped forward. Add to that spelling my name wrong which wouldn't be so bad, but it only has 4 letters and I repeated it 3 times to indian bob...
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

I get annoyed when I ask for an americano and they ask me if I want milk with it - NO! Otherwise I'd ask for a white coffee FFS
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            I get annoyed when I ask for an americano and they ask me if I want milk with it - NO! Otherwise I'd ask for a white coffee FFS
            An americano doesn't have to be drunk black
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              An americano doesn't have to be drunk black
              there's something faintly wrong with that

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                A white coffee isn't an Americano with milk... in Starbucks it's probably a filter coffee with milk.

Probably would go for cream rather than milk.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  Was in Starbucks today ordering a rare coffee - waitress asked if I wanted my coffee 'with room ?'.
                  It would be better if she asked you to come to her room for coffee
                  Last edited by KentPhilip; 14 March 2012, 23:17.

Comment

Room is Afrikaans for cream. (And probably Dutch).

Coffee with cream?

Comment

Working...
                    X