• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK warned again about possible credit rating downgrade

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK warned again about possible credit rating downgrade

See what happens when I'm away for 24 hours? The whole world goes topsy turvy.

BBC News - UK warned again about possible credit rating downgrade

The Fitch credit ratings agency has joined Moody's and put the UK's top AAA rating on "negative outlook".

Fitch Ratings warned on Wednesday that it could downgrade the UK in the next few years if the government does not contain the level of public debt.

The warning comes as Chancellor George Osborne puts the finishing touches to this year's Budget, which will be delivered next week.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    See what happens when I'm away for 24 hours?
    Mods please do the needful even if I have to take one for the team also

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      See what happens when I'm away for 24 hours? The whole world goes topsy turvy.

BBC News - UK warned again about possible credit rating downgrade
      Fitch also said that an independent scotland would probably be rated BB-.
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
        Fitch also said that an independent scotland would probably be rated BB-.
        That high.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          even if I have to take one for the team also
          I'll get the Vaseline...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Well we can always buy our own debt

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Well we can always buy our own debt
              And then sell it back to ourselves at a profit.

Boomed!

Comment

Working...
              X