• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project at risk!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project at risk!

Wow. Never been in this situation before. My project (and 300 others) are up for an immediate review & cancellation.

All projects$ > $100K have a 70% chance of cancellation. Mine is $500k and by all intense purposes the sponsors have done a crap job on the ROI justification.

Deadline set for the 20th March as final review.

Squeeky pants time.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Wow. Never been in this situation before. My project (and 300 others) are up for an immediate review & cancellation.

All projects$ > $100K have a 70% chance of cancellation. Mine is $500k and by all intense purposes the sponsors have done a crap job on the ROI justification.

Squeeky pants time.
    Preempt it by knocking out your manager.

Comment

Stop saying wow all the time and using $$$, you sound like a right redneck.

Anything you can do to "massage" or inflate the ROI figures or exaggerate the business case?

Comment

Split your project into 5 others that are linked.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Stop saying wow all the time and using $$$, you sound like a right redneck.

Anything you can do to "massage" or inflate the ROI figures or exaggerate the business case?
          Yep. We've got someone on it. I had contractors lined up for this, but there is a good chance that it may get canned.

Oh and it's in $$$$.

Comment

Squeeky pants time.
            Jobserve beckons next Tuesday.

Ouch because there but for the grace of sod goes everyone during budget review period.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Jobserve beckons next Tuesday.

Ouch because there but for the grace of sod goes everyone during budget review period.
              We will see. Chance of it is increasing daily, because every day the funding fails to get signed off. Fingers crossed it does get canned and so do I to be honest.

Comment

We will see. Chance of it is increasing daily, because every day the funding fails to get signed off. Fingers crossed it does get canned and so do I to be honest.
                I know it was going to be three years work very near home but reading between the lines your heart and mind wasn't at all in it.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I know it was going to be three years work very near home but reading between the lines your heart and mind wasn't at all in it.
                  I always wanted to be a lumberjack.

Comment

Mine is $500k and by all intense purposes the sponsors have done a crap job on the ROI justification.

Squeeky pants time.

$500k is that all ?

in the .Net world we burn that on a Monday morning before we've got out of bed !

in the .Net world a respectable project size is a burn of $500,000,000 / year

.Net projects don't get cancelled, they can't, they're like toxic banks, too big to fail

to cancel a .Net project the c level executives would be admitting huge failure and their heads would have to roll, obviously they wouldn't let that happen and consequently .Net projects just roll on and on and on

that's why we love's 'em

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X