• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This guy can draw

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy can draw

Paul Cadden: The hyperrealist artist recreating photographs with pencil | Mail Online

Very talented, incredible, the detail...

Good find TW!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

WOW! and wow! again.....

What a talent.

Comment

As someone comments, it's very clever/skillful but it's not creative or indeed art. Photo realism has been around years, as kids would call it 'copying'. You either use tracing paper or project the image somehow and trace around it. IMHO if you art going to interpret the subject you might as well just take a photo.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 March 2012, 10:12.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          As someone comments,it's very clever but not creative or indeed art. Photo realism has been around years, as kids would call it 'copying'. You either use tracing paper or project the image somehow and trace around it.
          I'd like to see you recreate some of that with a pencil and some izal medicated toilet paper.

Very clever, certainly niche. Would that I could.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

As someone comments, it's very clever/skillful but it's not creative or indeed art. Photo realism has been around years, as kids would call it 'copying'. You either use tracing paper or project the image somehow and trace around it. IMHO if you art going to interpret the subject you might as well just take a photo.
            So the Mona Lisa is just copying then? After all, it's not creative, he just painted what he saw.

Cadden creates about seven pieces each year - which usually come in A1 or A0 sizes - and sell at galleries for up to £5,000 each
            Pauper.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              I'd like to see you recreate some of that with a pencil and some izal medicated toilet paper.

Very clever, certainly niche. Would that I could.
              Well he's not using one pencil and it's looks like some technical drawing pens have also been used. I'm not that good but I could copy a photo quite well and I know several people who could do equally as well as this guy. Art colleges up and down Britain have guys that can do this, I know one that used to produce them of F1 racing of the same quality.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              So the Mona Lisa is just copying then? After all, it's not creative, he just painted what he saw.

Pauper.
              There isn't much point arguing with you are you obviously have fallen into the trap of thinking photo realism is art, and that the more real something is the better it is.

The Mona Lisa was not created from somebody elses work/ copied from another medium.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 March 2012, 10:23.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The Mona Lisa was not created from somebody elses work/ copied from another medium.
                Actually! The Mona Lisa was one of a number of paintings by the Da Vinci studio! So who is to say which one was the original!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesi...ona-lisa-prado

Comment

Technically there has been little point in figurative art at all since the camera was invented. Still great talent to have tho.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There isn't much point arguing with you are you obviously have fallen into the trap of thinking photo realism is art, and that the more real something is the better it is.
                    "the trap" - how up yourself can you get? It's good to know CUK has the grand high master of deciding what is[n't] art amongst it's membership, to complement the experts on economics & climate science.

Art is in the eye of the beholder, you don't get to tell people what is or is not art.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X