• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye Bye Radbroke

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye Radbroke

Arrived at Radbroke today with some nice going away snacks (bribery for a future contract) for my last day. Had a great 9 months here and could have made it 12 if it were not for the nasty rate cuts and being offered a 6 monther 2 mins away from home.

Already in talks to come back in a few months but on a fair rate hopefully......

The place is emptying out fast. I arrived at 9:30 to find plenty of parking spaces available. It is a great place in terms of location, scenery, facilities and some of the people(!).

Hope to be back soon.

Will always hold a special place in my heart, for the facilities and the amount of clunge there back in the day

Comment

Radbroke? Never heard of 'em.

Must be north of Gloucester.

Comment

I've just checked out the Radbroke virtual tour

Virtual tour | Radbroke Hall, UK | Global locations | Barclays RBB

Amazing onsite gym .. better than some I've paid 40/month for !

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Arrived at Radbroke today with some nice going away snacks (bribery for a future contract) for my last day. Had a great 9 months here and could have made it 12 if it were not for the nasty rate cuts and being offered a 6 monther 2 mins away from home.

Already in talks to come back in a few months but on a fair rate hopefully......

The place is emptying out fast. I arrived at 9:30 to find plenty of parking spaces available.
          Was this you, then: https://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/searc...4E4FE29BD08B3/

The rates are "carp." I took a role with them 5 years ago, exactly as that listed above, just to get some Banking back on my cv. And that was for £225 / day more than they are paying today. No wonder they are always looking for staff these days...

EDIT: Just noticed the same role via Modis, who I worked through once and found to be pretty good. Rate is upto £400. ...And then the same role is listed again through a CUK "love to hate" agency, Spring - for the princely sum of £290 a day. Nice to see the agent at Spring keeping his Ferrari serviced on that fat margin.
          Last edited by nomadd; 17 March 2012, 12:24.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
            I've just checked out the Radbroke virtual tour

Virtual tour | Radbroke Hall, UK | Global locations | Barclays RBB

Amazing onsite gym .. better than some I've paid 40/month for !
            Cooor, changed bait since I was last there (2004) looks nice, quite fancy going there if I can get the right rate, mate of mine starts there Monday as an Infra Architect, rate was OK'ish. Got itchy feet and have been at the current client too long...
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

I've played cricket there

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                Was this you, then: https://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/searc...4E4FE29BD08B3/

The rates are "carp." I took a role with them 5 years ago, exactly as that listed above, just to get some Banking back on my cv. And that was for £225 / day more than they are paying today. No wonder they are always looking for staff these days...

EDIT: Just noticed the same role via Modis, who I worked through once and found to be pretty good. Rate is upto £400. ...And then the same role is listed again through a CUK "love to hate" agency, Spring - for the princely sum of £290 a day. Nice to see the agent at Spring keeping his Ferrari serviced on that fat margin.
                No thats not me. My role was listed a couple weeks back and they struggling to find anybody who can do half a job - in fact they are looking into recruiting 2 people to perform just my job, absolutely ridiculous. The team lead there was going ballistic - they have to pay 2 guys over £700/day instead of keeping me at a decent rate.

Comment

Working...
                X