• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian Bob and annoying calls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian Bob and annoying calls

Just had indian Bob call me:

Bob "is Mrs Hampson there?", Me: "no, you have the wrong number"
    Bob "is the number 01xxxxxx", Me: "Yes", Bob "Then i dont have the wrong number"
    Me: "Yes you do, no one of that name is here, and I dont want to buy your tulip"
    Bob "how do you know, you dont even know what I'm selling"
    Me: "Listen Indian Bob, Fluff off, I dont want your product", Me: Hangs up phone.

Obviously the above is slightly paraphrased.

Cock.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

All salesmen are annoying, he doesn't sound any worse than the usual ones

It could be worse he could have been an agent
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      All salesmen are annoying, he doesn't sound any worse than the usual ones

It could be worse he could have been an agent
      He got all irrate when I wouldnt listen to him or let him tell me the product. Daily we get these calls, today, he got the response I've wanted to give for ages!!

Next week, I might see what they are selling and let him waffle for ages, string him along, then I might try and sell him consultancy. turn it around to them
      Last edited by scooby; 16 March 2012, 11:43.
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Just ask them if they can call back later because you are in the middle of dressing up in your wife’s clothes and time is very tight as she has only popped out for an hour to see her father

That should do it

Comment

Sounds like your number may be written on every khasi in Bangalore by this evening!!!! :-)

Comment

Better still, Google 'bt.wav' for the ideal response.

NSFW.......

Comment

Bobs from telephone network "3", have been a pain the mobile recently.

Had 3 calls in the last 10 days or so. Hopefully they give up after 3.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Theres a little app for the Android phones called adaffix. One of the nice features is that you can reject all withheld number calls, or you can add specific numbers to the reject list.

I dont get many such calls, but when I do they do annoy me. If I got a lot id just change number.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  Theres a little app for the Android phones called adaffix. One of the nice features is that you can reject all withheld number calls, or you can add specific numbers to the reject list.

I dont get many such calls, but when I do they do annoy me. If I got a lot id just change number.
                  Just don't forget to turn it off when you're benched or all the agents won't be able to pester you

Comment

As soon as you get the auto dial blip, and a delay in the person answering the other end I hang up or cut them off with I'm not interested in marketing calls.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X