• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are house prices going up or going down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are house prices going up or going down?

The answer is.........both

London prices are inflated by sas's shed.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      London prices are inflated by sas's shed.

head

Comment

Up in London, down everywhere else.
        HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

We've just had an offer of 185k accepted on a 210k house. They had been on the market for 12mth+ and were becoming desperate, having recently dropped it by 10k.

Every house we viewed had been on the market for a minimum of 8mths, and many had dropped their price by 10k at least once. They just arent selling, and the market isnt getting better. Yet estate agents are valuing at silly figures, and mortgages are refusing to lend based on the survey valuation which regularly comes in lower. There is a disconnect somewhere...

I cant figure out the market at the minute, it's strange, yet many sellers are getting twitchy after 9mths but wont reduce the price or accept offers...
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            We've just had an offer of 185k accepted on a 210k house. They had been on the market for 12mth+ and were becoming desperate, having recently dropped it by 10k.

Every house we viewed had been on the market for a minimum of 8mths, and many had dropped their price by 10k at least once. They just arent selling, and the market isnt getting better. Yet estate agents are valuing at silly figures, and mortgages are refusing to lend based on the survey valuation which regularly comes in lower. There is a disconnect somewhere...

I cant figure out the market at the minute, it's strange, yet many sellers are getting twitchy after 9mths but wont reduce the price or accept offers...
            Sold our house in 3 days - went to sealed bids and got above asking.
            But I suppose I'm in a different demographic.
            HTH
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post

I think about 10% off asking price is getting somewhere towards actual value of the house when you take inflation into account. 185k with the worthless pound is only slightly unreasonable for say a semi-detached house in my area. I am going to view a house in 3 hours for a house that is on for 210k, I would not put an initial offer on for it at anything more than 180k.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Sold our house in 3 days - went to sealed bids and got above asking.
                But I suppose I'm in a different demographic.
                HTH
                What's it like being homeless then?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  I think about 10% off asking price is getting somewhere towards actual value of the house when you take inflation into account. 185k with the worthless pound is only slightly unreasonable for say a semi-detached house in my area. I am going to view a house in 3 hours for a house that is on for 210k, I would not put an initial offer on for it at anything more than 180k.
                  I went in at 170k, then 2 days after rejecting, I went in at 185k final offer. it worked, no messing all in place now For the area, house (4 Bed) and location, its a very good price
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    What's it like being homeless then?

Not very nice. But I have a large amount of money to play with.
                    PS Like my sig? Pretty accurate I'd say, unlike yours
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X