• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Big Brother Style Evictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Big Brother Style Evictions

A suggestion to Admin. Why not give in addition to rep, the ability to vote for another CUK poster to be evicted? Evictions (and voting) could be run weekly, with the eviction happening on a Monday (to cheer us up on a working week). Evictions act like a ban, and are effective for only 1 day.

Voting ends on a Friday at 5pm, and starts again at 9am Monday for the following week. At 9am Monday the board reports which user was the most popular and hence banned for the day.

This way, if some scrawny little waste of space just posts "I know you are but what am I" type bollox we at least are armed with a mechanism for punishing "non posts" and hence raising the "Quailty" of CUK and keeping Dim happy.

Give it some thought and, if condusive see what NickUK can come up with.

Should "put the willys" up some posters, eh Greg?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    A suggestion to Admin. Why not give in addition to rep, the ability to vote for another CUK poster to be evicted? Evictions (and voting) could be run weekly, with the eviction happening on a Monday (to cheer us up on a working week). Evictions act like a ban, and are effective for only 1 day.

Voting ends on a Friday at 5pm, and starts again at 9am Monday for the following week. At 9am Monday the board reports which user was the most popular and hence banned for the day.

This way, if some scrawny little waste of space just posts "I know you are but what am I" type bollox we at least are armed with a mechanism for punishing "non posts" and hence raising the "Quailty" of CUK and keeping Dim happy.

Give it some thought and, if condusive see what NickUK can come up with.

Should "put the willys" up some posters, eh Greg?
    You're on a roll tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      You're on a roll tonight.
      Gets my vote

Comment

Gets my vote
        You've demonstrated your point well.

Comment

Nominate Suityou01.
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
            Nominate Suityou01.
            Leave suity alone. He's all right.

Comment

Nominate Suityou01.
              Granted I will be a popular choice, especially as I suggested it. In fact this was a crushingly predictable post, the fact it was from you only even more predictable. But in time, it would raise the quality of CUK posts, and dull posts such as the one you recently made would become a thing of the past. That said it was a fascinating and compelling read compared with OGs finest.

Comment

Granted I will be a popular choice, especially as I suggested it. In fact this was a crushingly predictable post, the fact it was from you only even more predictable. But in time, it would raise the quality of CUK posts, and dull posts such as the one you recently made would become a thing of the past. That said it was a fascinating and compelling read compared with OGs finest.
                If my post was predictable then why did you start the thread?

You are the living embodiment of the ultimate masochistic narcissist.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

WSS

Comment

If my post was predictable then why did you start the thread?
                    <pichaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw><ricochet><clint eastwood mode>

To clean up this town, ya varmint

</clint eastwood mode></ricochet></pichaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw>

Comment

Working...
                    X