• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC website

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC website

Did anyone else try to submit his/her P35/P14 on the HMRC site last night? What a pile of poo that site is. Slow, illogical navigation, asks you 10 times in 10 different ways if you really, really want to submit your form. And that was after I could actually get in. I know they warned companies not to submit their P35s at the last minute but really, couldn’t they predict usage volumes and ensure the server wasn’t stressed out?
    And that was before tonight, which is the cut-off date for submissions. Good luck anyone who still has to do theirs…
    "My God, it's huge!!"

A couple of years ago I tried using HMRC website for entering a Personal Assessment form or something. It was a pile of cak then. All I ever use it for now is ordering forms so I can send them off in the post.

Comment

It's another e-government piece of crap.

Enough said.

Whoever thought it up, particularly the information architecture, should be shot and then REALLY hurt.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

webtulipe

Comment

From accountingweb

It said: "Businesses completing their 2005-06 employer's annual return have been told by HMRC that the deadline of 19 May 2006 has been extended to 29 May due to technical problems with HMRC's online filing system for PAYE."

blah blah

Responding to the claims of confusion, the HMRC spokesperson said:

The period of 'grace' is a long-standing concession that was introduced in 1995. It is certainly not linked to any perceived IT issues this year. Information about the concession has been on our special '2006 Online' Internet page since January.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X