• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paypal.co.uk or ebay.co.uk for resolution of £80.00 ebay.co.uk item not received ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal.co.uk or ebay.co.uk for resolution of £80.00 ebay.co.uk item not received ??

I've recently purchased an item on ebay.co.uk and paid for it via paypal.co.uk, this was on 7th March 2012. I've attempted to contact the seller and I've had no reply via the ebay.co.uk channels (and his direct e-mail). He is UK based and is an ebay business seller with a good record.

I was just wondering is it best to initiate a complaint via the paypal.co.uk or ebay.co.uk resolution centre or both in order to try and get back the £80.00 if the seller continues to be uncommunicative about the item which has not been received. ??

I had problems with ebay before but this was a foreign buyer that would not pay or communicate.

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    I've recently purchased an item on ebay.co.uk and paid for it via paypal.co.uk, this was on 7th March 2012. I've attempted to contact the seller and I've had no reply via the ebay.co.uk channels (and his direct e-mail). He is UK based and is an ebay business seller with a good record.

I was just wondering is it best to initiate a complaint via the paypal.co.uk or ebay.co.uk resolution centre or both in order to try and get back the £80.00 if the seller continues to be uncommunicative about the item which has not been received. ??

I had problems with ebay before but this was a foreign buyer that would not pay or communicate.
    They are one and the same so start at ebay as that is would then be against the specific item.

But surely you can do simple things like that without asking for a helping hand.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's only been 10 days - give it a few more, then raise with ebay - IMO

Comment

Is he a power seller ? Does he sell millions of items on Ebay ? Does item ship from Hong kong ? Is the item likely to be caught in Customs ? So many factors here. Try ringing the seller, you can get the tele number off Ebay. What is the item ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
          +1

Though there may be legit reasons why the seller isn't answering.

Also with the few things I sell I never sell to people outside the UK.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
            Yea I get this some of the time (order a hell of a lot off ebay). Sometimes things get held up.

I always wait 30 days from payment date. If no joy after that, beside the item in the ebay list, click on the right hand hyperlink dropdown 'more actions' > 'resolve a problem' > on the new screen click 'I didnt receive my item' and then in the dispute notes box put that you have waited over 30 days since payment and still no item.

You will get a full refund out of the paypal dispute.

Comment

The dispute process is heavily weighted in favour of the buyer, so if even half of what you have said is true, you will get a refund, although it may be several more weeks before you can initiate this.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                The dispute process is heavily weighted in favour of the buyer, so if even half of what you have said is true, you will get a refund, although it may be several more weeks before you can initiate this.
                Aye, unless seller has got proof of postage it will be shafted by Paypal.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Aye, unless seller has got proof of postage it will be shafted by Paypal.
                  Wrong, my little international banker. The seller will require verifiable (online) proof of delivery.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Wrong, my little international banker. The seller will require verifiable (online) proof of delivery.
                    I said unless the seller has got proof of postage he will be shafted - that's quick paypal shafting, the seller can still be shafted for other reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X