• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever fainted?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever fainted?

They all look as if they on the verge of falling over backwards; their toes don't touch the ground. Poke the one in front with a finger and the whole lot would probably come tumbling down.

Yes, once, when I had tracheitis, and my throat closed up while I was getting to A&E.
    My fingers, toes started tingling, I lost my hearing and my vision became blurry, then I fainted due to hypoxia.

Woke up in resus after adrenaline, steroids and a breathing tube applied - was VERY awake and aware of the people dying in the beds next to mine.
    Have to say though, that if they hadn't revived me, that would've been a very peaceful and painless way to go.

Comment

When you say hypoxia, do you mean what's more commonly called suffocation, which doesn't seem like a peaceful way to go.

Comment

Nah, I'm not a pouff.....

Comment

in the tube when I was dehydrated this summer, horrible feeling

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            suffocation, which doesn't seem like a peaceful way to go.
            I suppose so. And, unless there's a second, anguished stage after losing consciousness - it seemed calm enough to me.

Comment

When I cut myself with my new Swiss Army knife.

I remember thinking don't faint don'tfaintdon'tfaintdon'tfaint why does my head hurt? Why am I on the floor?

I was next to my bike in a French layby at the time...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Did a hypo once cos I'm diabetic. Didn't eat for two days to see what would happen. Well it happened, on the verge of a faint / coma / whatever they call it when somebody got some sugary drink into me. Ten minutes later I was fine and joined my colleagues for lunch in the local Indian.

Won't do it again though.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Stupid arses have never learned they will faint if they do not stand on the balls of their feet.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Stupid arses have never learned they will faint if they do not stand on the balls of their feet.
                    So is that why it's easier to walk for an hour than it is to stand?

Comment

Working...
                    X